Stop the implementation of Comprehensive Sexuality Education in South Africa
The Basic Education Ministry in South Africa has launched the Comprehensive Sexuality Education curriculum in schools despite the controversy and uproar from parents and teachers. Funded by United Nations bodies, Comprehensive Sexuality Edcuation is meant to be taught to pupils from Grade 4. The umbrella term “Comprehensive Sexuality Education” (CSE) encompasses most sex education for school-aged children that emphasizes risk-reduction techniques as opposed to character-based education that provides children with skills and tools to avoid risks altogether.
Comprehensive sexuality education sometimes called Comprehensive Education on Human Sexuality programs seek to change society by changing sexual and gender norms and teaching youth to advocate for sexual rights. Most CSE programs promote acceptance of diverse sexual identities and orientations and have an almost obsessive focus on sexual pleasure, instructing children and youth at the earliest ages on how to obtain sexual pleasure in a variety of ways including masturbation and anal sex.
While there is a need to teach "proper sex education to our children, Comprehensive Sex Education is the radicalized version of it. Here are more reasons as to why CSE is not the best for children :_
- CSE encourages acceptance and exploration of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities (Homosexuality)
- CSE promotes high risk sexual behaviors (including anal and oral sex) and teaches they are safe.
- CSE promotes sexual pleasure and promiscuity as a right for children.
- CSE promotes abortion as safe and without consequences.
- CSE encourages children to experiment sexually with individuals of their own sex or the opposite sex.
- CSE claims access to “comprehensive sexuality education” is a human right.
- CSE teaches children and youth they are sexual from birth.
- CSE promotes condoms to children without informing them of their failure rates.
- CSE promotes disrespect for parents and religious and cultural values.
- CSE promotes sexual counseling, information or services to minors without parental consent.
- CSE trains children to advocate for their “sexual rights” in laws and policies.
- CSE encourages “peer to peer” sexuality education.
- CSE removes all natural and protective boundaries for children and teens, encouraging early sexual exploration in graphic detail.
Despite the uproar by parents, church, parliamentarians and even teachers, the Ministry of Basic Education is so determined to roll out this destructive curriculum. In what seems as the ultimate betrayal, the Minister of Education Angie Motshekga has now focused herself on fighting the same parents who have entrusted her with their children.
The South African Constitution defines 'children' as persons below the age of 18. The Children’s Act 38 of 2005 provides that a parent has the following rights and responsibilities towards his/her child:
- to care for a child;
- to keep contact with a child;
- to act as guardian of a child; and
- to contribute to the maintenance of a child.
Parents in South Africa thus have the primary role as the immediate care providers to protect their children from anything harmful. The Ministry of Education though seems to erode the parental authority over children by trying to impose the destructive CSE even without parental consent.
According to a study by Center for Family and Human Rights Comprehensive Sexuality Education rests on assumptions about sexual activity that clash with traditional morals and parental authority, and disregards the health problems related to early sexual activity. In order to respect the rights of parents and, above all, to fully protect the rights and the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of children, CSE programs should be rejected, their implementation stopped, and their contents thoroughly reviewed.
With this petition we are calling upon the Minister for Basic Education Honourable Angie Motshekga to halt with immediate effect the implementation of Comprehensive Sexuality Education in South Africa.
For More Information:-
Basic education reactiob to uproar against CSE
CSE guides in South Africa
Study by Center for Family and Human Rights (C-FAM)
Study by Child Protection League
Videos against CSE by Family Watch International
Sign this petition now!
Stop the destructive Comprehensive Sexuality Education in South Africa