Oppose the Legalization of Edible Cannabis & by-products in Canada
Edible cannabis & by-products will put young children at a higher risk of unintended exposure. We have learned about cases where children had innocently taken candies and chocolates with cannabis and were hospitalized. Any proposed regulations, which may sound good on paper, are difficult to implement. We oppose the legalization of edible cannabis & by-products for these reasons:
1) There is no safe dosage of cannabis for children. It is much easier for children to be exposed to cannabis when it is made into edible forms.
2) There is a high risk that children may ingest cannabis accidentally.
3) Cannabis has more appeal to children when made into the form of a food product.
4) There is no fool proof labelling or warning that will work for all children.
5) There is no way to control unsupervised production, such as homemade products.
6) There are liability issues for homemade cannabis-infused edible products.
To get updates about this topic and about us, the Canada Marijuana Concern Group, please vsiit us (then click 'like" and share our page) at www.facebook.com/PotConcern
Feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Sign this petition now!
Petition to: Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau; Andrew Scheer