Save your children, say "NO" to Bill S-202 and C-8 (Conversion Therapy)
The Liberal government of Canada, aided and abetted by media talking heads and silent opposition parties, has set its sights on your kids and grandkids. It is doing so through a double-pronged attack originating from both the Senate chambers and the House of Commons:
- one axis of attack is being spearheaded by the Senate's own Bill S-202 (Conversion Therapy). This Bill calls for the five years in prison for advertising therapies that allow persons to rid themselves of unwanted same-sex sexual attractions or non-traditional gender identities - even as it outlaws such treatments for children under 18 years of age; and
- the second axis comes in the form of a House of Commons Bill C-8 (Conversion Therapy) that calls for a total ban of the practice of conversion therapy in conjunction with the provinces and territories. The idea being to end conversion therapy in Canada.
Both legislative efforts are underpinned by the baseless assumption that all such therapies entail negative outcomes. Long discarded aggressive and harmful therapies, such as electroshock treatments, are conflated with docile "talk" therapies and even prayer. This gross oversight, however, is not the worst of it. The dual legislative push is characterized by a bias that beggars belief:
- therapies that take a person from unwanted alternative sexual orientations and/ or gender identities to the more traditional ones are punished by up to five years in prison;
- but irreversible and aggressive hormone and surgical interventions are specifically allowed if the end result is the establishment of a same-sex orientation or non-traditional gender identity.
These radical treatments will even be applied to minors under the age of 18. Parents of these children will have to set their own religious and/ or conscientious misgivings aside. It matters not that authoritative research indicates that 80-90% of children will leave a discordant gender entity behind as they grow into adolescence and adulthood - if they are simply not interfered with.
As for Canadian judicial authorities, they have already signalled that parents' rights are low on the totem pole and have already found one father guilty of “family violence” for refusing to call his daughter his son. God help the family trying to raise a "tomboy" in this convoluted, sexualized environment. An environment that stands to:
- vapourize a citizen's right to freedom of speech, religion, conscience and assoiciation; and
- abolish a parent's legal right to protect his or her own children.