Sinn Féin - Stop Europe’s most extreme abortion law being imposed on the North of Ireland
100,000 people are alive today because of abortion laws in the North of Ireland which recognise that both lives matter, both mother and child. Shockingly, MPs at Westminster have voted to introduce the most extreme abortion law in Europe on the North of Ireland against the will of the people of the north. Sinn Féin’s support for direct rule from London is a radical change in their policy and goes against everything they ever stood for.
This change in law will replace the North of Ireland’s pro-life law with a new abortion regime allowing for abortion for any reason, on-demand, and there will be no law protecting the unborn child right through to 28-weeks. This will allow include the following changes:
This will allow include the following changes:
- Discriminatory abortions for babies with cleft lip, club foot and Down’s syndrome will be legalised in the North of Ireland.
- Sex-selective abortion, where a baby is aborted because of his or her sex, usually because they are a girl, will be legalised.
- Twin abortion, where parents select one baby to live and one to be aborted, will be legalised.
- Partial-birth abortion along with other controversial abortion procedures will be legalised.
- There will be no provision mandating that pain relief be given to babies during abortions.
- It will be legal to leave babies born alive after an abortion to die without any medical support.
- There will be no legal requirement that a doctor must be involved in the abortion process.
- Girls 15 and under will be able to get abortions without their parent’s consent.
- There will be no legal restrictions on where abortions can be performed.
This law change will endanger the lives of women and likely lead to many more lives lost to abortion. For more information on the proposed changes visit our website https://aontu.ie/movetoaontu/
This can all be stopped by one political party - Sinn Féin. They need to agree to reconvene the Stormont, even only for one day, on or before October 21st and this extreme abortion law will not be imposed on the North of Ireland. Sadly it appears that Sinn Féin is not intending to reconvene the assembly specifically because they want this extreme abortion law imposed on the North of Ireland. This is totally unacceptable.
Please sign this petition to the leader of Sinn Fién in the North of Ireland, Michelle O'Neill, demanding that her party reconvene Stormont by October 21st.
This petition is...
Petition to: Michelle O'Neill - Leader of Sinn Féin in the North of Ireland